Several activities to raise awareness on issues like reducing waste, recycling and even the marine environment have been planned for the year.
Below are a list of activities that have been planned. We will upload up to date information as activities go on.
– Door-to-door awareness program in Villingili by the Muhyiddin students providing information on which items Save the Beach is recycling, on how to reduce waste and how to compost
– Conduct awareness programs with the schools and community.
– Printing and distributing stickers on Recycling, Reducing and Composting.
– Developing television infomercials on 1) reducing plastic, 2) recycling, 3) conservation of bio diversity, 4) Protected Species, 5) Composting, 6) habits to shake off; like throwing away cigarette butts and supari packets.
– Creation of a Look & Learn Centre for providing information on the uniqueness of Maldives and why we should protect our fragile environment.
– Putting up billboards on Villingili on; 1) Environmental Conservation and 2 ) the proper use of dustbins.